From our last communication dated April 15th we made the decision to review the Covid-19 situation and the Hobie Fishing Worlds 9 event today May 20th to provide anglers, sponsors, and event staff the most current information.
While things are improving in some countries and regions, other places are still under threat including some regions in Europe. We are not yet to a level of safety that we can obtain permits to hold the event or that we would feel comfortable or confident in running this event. Even after we receive the go ahead to hold the event in Amal, we then face International travel restriction under this COVID-19 period.
Both the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the public health institute of the United States and the World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health recommends that travellers avoid all nonessential international travel.
Proposed Date Change and Event Schedule May 17th to May 24th 2021
Shuttle Bus Service
- From Göteborg Landvetter Airport to Event Hotel
- Departs Monday, 17th May 2021 | 1:00pm
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- Tuesday | 18 May 2021
- Mandatory Event Briefing at Harry’s Lakeside | 6:45pm
- Hobie Fishing Worlds Welcome Dinner | 7:00pm
Wednesday | 19 May 2021
- LUREFANS Pre-Fish Day 1
- Meet and Greet with Big Fish of the Day – Restaurant TBA| 6:00pm
Thursday | 20 May 2021
- Dinner Angler’s to Organize
Friday | 21 May 2021
- POWER-POLE, Hobie Fishing World Championship Day 1
- Hobie Kayak Europe Dinner and Angler’s Choice Award at Amal’s Stadshotell | 6:00pm
Saturday | 22 May 2021
- LOWRANCE, Hobie Fishing World Championship Day 2
- Power-Pole Dinner Lakeside | 6:00pm
Sunday | 23 May 2021
- Daiwa Hobie Fishing World Championship Day 3 – Super Sunday
- Dinner and Hobie Fishing Worlds 7 Presentation and Closing Ceremony Lakeside | 6:00pm Sponsored by Amal
Monday | 24 May 2021
• Shuttle Bus to Göteborg Landvetter Airport from outside event hotel | 5:30am
As Covid-19 conditions evolve we will continue to monitor the situation and we want to be clear – your health and safety and everyone in our recreational fishing family are first and foremost in our decision-making process. The next review date will be August 5th, 2020.
We strongly suggest that you wait until the final confirmation of the event dates before making travel arrangements. The Hobie Company, Hobie Kayak Europe, event sponsor and the IHFWA will not accept any liability for financial loss due to changes to the location, venue, dates and or times.
Hobie Fishing Worlds Tournament Director